Thursday, April 14, 2005

What I Get for Reading The Economist

Understand that one of my favorite things to do is to go to a couple joints here in Minneapolis, find a quite corner, order a glass of wine and read The Economist.

Also, I do a significant amount of latin dancing, and so every time I go out dancing I bring an issue of The Economist with me as there are literally 3 guys for every girl, and thus, instead of being one of the pathetic saps that rushes out to the dance floor, scurrying for a girl, I maintain my cool, by retiring to a quiet table and read The Economist until the next song comes along.

Of course, chicks take notice of this, and while fending off the desperate, broken-English advances of Jose and Juan they see me and say, "My goodness. Who is that secure and sexy man just sitting at the table. And what is that he's reading? OH MY GOD! IT'S THE ECONOMIST! I MUST HAVE HIM!"

And this happens all the time, because, as you know, economists are sexy.

Thus, it was only inevitable my friends would mock and ridicule me for my readership of The Economist, resulting in a friend sending me this comic.

Enjoy.

No comments: