Thursday, May 22, 2008

Games Economists Play: Mosquito Killing

Let it be known that today marks the first day of the season of a game I play called; Killing Mosquitoes.

I like to keep track of how many times I get bitten by a mosquito versus how many I kill. I keep a running tab and, though I have yet to shut them out, I have won every year since playing this game.

The season is initiated upon either me killing a mosquito or a mosquito biting me, and I just killed the first one. He was sitting there on my house, very still (it's still reasonably cold here in Minnesota so the insects are lethargic, but that's global "warming"), and I squashed him.

Let the games begin.

3 comments:

Johnny Roosh said...

Thank you for your efforts CC but I think the Mosquito will have the last laugh as when global warming extinguishes all humanity, I think there'll be only mosquitos (and one big fat hypocrite named Algore) left.

Anonymous said...

"Thank you for your efforts CC but I think the Mosquito will have the last laugh as when global warming extinguishes all humanity"

Why is it that the people wearing sandwich boards always think they're the credible ones?

Global warming wipes out all humanity. Riiiiight.

Anonymous said...

My father used to sit inside the screened veranda inthe dark and watch the mosquito killing light/zapper with intense satisfaction.

Zap/Zap/ZapZap/Zaaaaaap/Zap