Thursday, August 07, 2008

Can I Beat Pelosi?

I never had any real idea as to how to measure what I'd deem "success" based on the number of books I sold. I was thinking I'd be pretty happy with 5,000. If I could pull that off all by my little lonesome, that would be pretty sweet (plus it would really piss off a lot of leftists who genuinely would love to see the book fail). But I think a more reasonable goal would be simply to beat Nancy Pelosi.

If I can sell more than 2,737 copies, I will raise a celebratory glass of scotch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You dont have to answer if you dont want, but what sort of percentage do the publisher/amazon take on sales? I've been curious for awhile about that sort of buisness.

And my tallies for upcoming book purchases:

Yours: 1
Pelosi: 0

Its a good start!!

Captain Capitalism said...

They pay 35%. Not a bad deal. Besides, I (and I say this not because the traditional publishers are so snooty) think POD or online publishers will be the way to go. traditional publishers have their pull because they have networks. Well online publishers do too and can sell even more books online than through book stores.