Monday, October 24, 2011

John McClane for Halloween

So I was perusing the traffic and noticed I got a "#1" hit from the Google Search;

"John McClane for Halloween."

"That's odd," I thought.

Then I clicked on the link to find it and was starkly reminded of this vintage Cappy Cap post.

It still is amazing how no more than 20 years ago you could carry a fake REAL LOOKING gun to school AND have a fake cigarette. It's also amazing I ever got my bench press above 20 pounds.

Regardless, remember kids, it's OK to emulate strong, Alpha male role models this upcoming Halloween, though I'm afraid most of you don't even know what "Die Hard" is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My uncle brought real guns to school. He had permission mind you, but he brought them in stored them in a locked locker and after classes went out and went hunting.

Sedulous said...

I like Charlie Sheen for Halloween.

Hey, that rhymes!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20074168-10391705.html

By The Sword said...

John McClaine is an alpha male? He seems more like a really effective beta-white-knight to me.

Bobby said...

Yea,

Bruce Willis is a cool dude.

But some commenter at the referenced post mentioned Steve Mcqueen,

"The King of Cool."

Hey captain, some very good posts latly,

Makes me think about all the deprogramming and reprogramming that I am undergoing even at this late stage in life,

especially your post,

Is It Wrong to Cheer for the Drug Dealers

You know, they are even moving product using homemade submarines, ha

SDH said...

Indeed, that's quite a set of pipes Cappy.

BTS is right, John McClane is Beta at best.